GREAT FUTURES START HERE
CELEBRATING 20 YEARS
For 20 years the Boys & Girls Club of Langlade County has been a constant in the lives of children and families in our community. With extensive school and workplace closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic our community is facing new challenges. In this critical time, we remain dedicated to supporting our community’s kids and families. We are ready to do more. Our Club kids need us. Now.
On a typical day the Club served 90 youth a day at our Clubhouse and school-based site. Currently our building is closed. We are in constant conversation with state and local officials to determine how to meet the needs of our most vulnerable youth and families while simultaneously keeping everyone healthy and safe during Stay-at-Home.
The Boys & Girls Club of Langlade County is committed to both the youth we serve and the community as a whole. We recognized at the onset that this pandemic was going to have devastating effects throughout our area. We, as local leaders, were uniquely positioned to do all we could to help. Our building may be closed but we have been active doing all we can to help out Club members and the community.
- 7,000 meals served (snack + dinner) to youth in Langlade County since March 16, 2020
- 2,000 meals served (snack + dinner) to youth in Oneida County since April 22, 2020
- Home activity packets sent home in the meal distribution bags
- Daily challenges on Facebook & Instagram to engage youth during Stay-at-Home
- Club members received check-in calls to see what resources they may need
- Youth were mentored via Zoom
- K-2nd graders had book read to them via Zoom